Also known as “instant orthodontics,” veneers are plastic or porcelain coverings for the fronts (and sometimes tops) of your teeth. Veneers are used to correct a wide variety of dental problems, from chipped teeth and irregular spacing, to discoloration. Veneers can even be used to reshape your smile.
Stages to Installing Veneers
- First we’ll prepare your existing teeth by shaping them and making them rougher, which will help create a better bond.
- We’ll take impressions of your teeth, which will be used to craft the veneers.
- We’ll apply a trial set of veneers to make sure they’ll achieve the look and feel you’re seeking.
- When your custom veneers are ready, we’ll clean and polish your teeth and let you try on your new, custom veneers.
- If you’re happy with your new veneers, we’ll apply an adhesive to your teeth, put the veneers in place, and use a special light to harden the adhesive.
Veneers feel like your natural teeth, but look much better!