Your teeth are right under your nose, and yet might not realize how important it is to take good care of them. Sure everyone has heard the mantra “brush twice a day floss once a day” but we might not always remember to brush before we go to bed or we might be in a rush in the morning and skip that first brush of the day. Not to mention the frequency (or lack thereof) of flossing. Fortunately, it’s not that hard to find time for your teeth. Assuming you brush for two minutes twice a day, and floss once a day for one minute, that’s five minutes out of your day that are doing your teeth, gums, mouth, and even other parts of your body a world of good. Here’s why:
The Importance of Good Teeth Care
- It prevents tooth decay. Tooth decay means everything from cavities to the degradation of enamel, to the weakening of the tooth to the point where it has to be removed.
- It keeps your teeth whiter by removing stains. Everyone likes white teeth!
- It prevents bad breath. Your mouth has lots of bad-breath causing bacteria in it which are removed by brushing and flossing.
- It prevents gum disease, also known as gingivitis. Gum disease damages your gum tissue and bones that keep your teeth in place. Over time this can lead to the loss of teeth and discomfort.
- It saves you money! Extensive dental repairs are both time consuming and expensive. Spending just a few minutes a day on your teeth pay dividends in time and money both now and later.
About Olney Dental
Olney Dental has been providing comprehensive dental care for residents of Olney and the surrounding area since 1985. We’re conveniently located on the campus of Montgomery General Hospital, and provide care for all ages for children to adults and seniors. We’re also independently owned by our dentists, which allows us be patient driven in our approach to dentistry. Your smiles make us smile! You can also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and YouTube.